Best Personal Injury Lawyers Benton
A catastrophic injury is a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, and may also include skull or spinal fractures, loss of limb, hearing or sight and fatalities.
Not only does a victim of an injury suffer indefinitely, but those close them also suffer. The physical, emotional, and financial strain that catastrophic injuries cause often puts stress on family members and those close to the victim. Many times after a these types of injuries the victim needs constant support and care causing relatives and loved ones to also have to alter their lives as a result.
Whatever the case, if you have sustained injuries serious enough to be long-term and debilitating or that caused you a deformity, you have suffered a catastrophic injury.
For any accident or act of negligence that results in this type of injury to even one person, an injury claim and settlement can be pursued. With the help of the Pisanchyn Law Firm and our Benton personal injury attorneys, you can legally be compensated for the wrongful and life-altering harm that has been done to you.
There are many injuries that qualify as catastrophic including the following:
COMMON CAUSES OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES
Car, tractor trailer, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents are by far the most common cause of all catastrophic injuries. Other common causes include:
- Violent acts, especially those involving a fire arm
- medical mistakes and infections
- Work Injuries
- Construction Injuries
- Mining Injuries
- Gas Drilling Injuries
- Dangerous Properties
- Dangerous Products
DAMAGES FOR CATASTROPHIC INJURY CASES
- Medical Expenses – You may have had to undergo surgeries or go through rehabilitation, or you may require permanent use of a medical device or medication as a result of your injury.
- Loss of Income – If the injury put you out of work, you may be entitled to receiving compensation for those lost wages.
- Loss of Quality of Life/Emotional Damage – you may also be entitled to compensation because of the emotional damage that you suffered from the accident.