Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyers
When cancer is present in the body the sooner it is diagnosed and treated, the better. If treated properly and early many cases can leave patients with a good outcome. If cancer is misdiagnosed, or left untreated for months or even years, much stronger treatment is needed and it may be too late, leaving fatal consequences for the victim of cancer misdiagnosis.
Some 1.3 million people are diagnosed with cancer every year. However, when researchers at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore reviewed tissue samples from 6,000 cancer patients across the country, they found one out of every 71 cases was misdiagnosed, according to an article on ABCnews.com.
TYPES OF CANCER MISDIAGNOSIS
Two forms of misdiagnosis of cancer are possible:
- False Cancer Diagnosis-This happens when a doctor tells a patient that they have cancer when they really don’t. The patient is then not only emotionally damaged by this devastating news; they are also exposed to dangerous, painful, and expensive treatments which can cause even more health problems in the future.
- Missed Cancer Diagnosis– This happens when a cancerous lesion, mass, or tumor is missed, misdiagnosed, or incorrectly classified. These errors delay treatments which can worsen the patient’s condition and even cause death.
COMMON CAUSES OF CANCER MISDIAGNOSIS
How can cancer be misdiagnosed? Your actual physician is not always to blame for a misdiagnosis. Pathologists, radiologists and your physician can all cause a misdiagnosis of cancer. Common causes of these types of misdiagnosis include:
- A cancerous lesion is missed in a biopsy
- A cancerous mass is diagnosed as non-cancerous
- A doctor fails to order proper testing
- A cancerous tumor is incorrectly classified or incorrectly graded as to aggressiveness
- Specimens are improperly handled, read or interpreted
- Health care providers fail to adequately screen increased risk patients
- Doctors fail to understand or acknowledge a patient’s complaints
OUR PENNSYLVANIA CANCER MISDIAGNOSIS LAWYERS CAN HELP
If you or a loved one are the victim of cancer misdiagnosis as a result of a health care provider’s negligence you could receive compensation for all that you have endured. Our Pennsylvania cancer misdiagnosis attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm want to help you gain some peace of mind after this devastating event. We will stop at nothing to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Call now toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Philadelphia, Scranton, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg and will travel to you.
Get Free Advice Now!
RELATED PRACTICE AREAS
Testicular torsion is a painful and distressing medical condition that affects countless individuals. It occurs when the spermatic cord twists, reducing or completely cutting off the blood flow to the testicle. This sudden medical emergency can result in excruciating pain, swelling, and, if not promptly diagnosed and treated, severe consequences for a person’s health and quality of life.
The Pisanchyn Law Firm, our Pennsylvania ER misdiagnosis attorneys will begin working on your case as soon as you call by answering all your questions, guiding you through the steps of filing a claim, as well as fighting for the compensation you deserve. We will also get our team of medical experts to gather evidence to build a solid case against those who did this to you.
If you or a loved one have suffered or are suffering with injury and/or disability as a result of a health care provider failing to diagnose your condition, you could receive compensation for all that you have endured. Our Pennsylvania failure to diagnose attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm want to help you gain some peace of mind after this devastating event. We will stop at nothing to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one have suffered or are suffering with injury and/or disability, or have lost a loved one, as a result of a health care provider’s failure to diagnose a heart attack you could receive compensation for all that you have endured.
Our Pennsylvania medical misdiagnosis attorneys want to be sure that these negligent health care providers pay for your suffering. Should you honor us by retaining us as your attorneys, our misdiagnosis attorneys, along with our medical team of experts, will begin gathering evidence and using our expertise to bring these medical professionals to justice.