Along with serious injury, there are other exceptions to limited tort but relying on these exceptions alone to be compensated for your pain and suffering, in most cases, will not help you.
Sometimes even if you have limited tort you can still be considered full tort under the following scenarios:
- If you have a serious injury.
- If you were driving or were a passenger in a commercial vehicle.
- If the person who caused the accident is accepted into the A.R.D. program or convicted of a D.U.I.
- The person who caused the collision has a license plate from out of state.
- You were a pedestrian when struck.
The best way to protect yourself in the event of an accident is to have the right amount of insurance coverage. Having an experienced attorney to help you through your claim will also protect you and your loved ones’ interests.
The accident attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm are experienced in handling all accident cases including the above mentioned. Please, call us as soon as you are the victim of another driver’s negligence for a free consultation so we can help you.