Trucking companies may be held liable for accidents involving their trucks in certain circumstances. Here are some situations where a trucking company may be found liable for an accident:
- Negligent hiring: If the trucking company hires a driver who is not qualified or has a history of reckless driving, the company may be held liable if the driver causes an accident.
- Negligent training: If the trucking company fails to provide adequate training for its drivers or fails to ensure that drivers are following safety protocols, the company may be held liable if an accident occurs.
- Negligent supervision: If the trucking company fails to properly supervise its drivers, such as by not monitoring their hours of service or drug and alcohol use, the company may be held liable if an accident occurs.
- Negligent maintenance: If the trucking company fails to properly maintain its trucks, such as by not conducting regular inspections or making necessary repairs, the company may be held liable if an accident occurs as a result of a maintenance issue.
- Vicarious liability: In some cases, a trucking company may be held liable for the actions of its drivers under the legal principle of vicarious liability. This means that the company may be held responsible for the actions of its employees, even if the company did not directly cause the accident.
It’s important to note that trucking accident cases can be complex, and liability may depend on the specific circumstances of the case. If you have been involved in a trucking accident, you should consult with an experienced attorney who can help you determine who may be held liable for your injuries and damages.
Never agree to any offer made by the trucking company or their insurance adjusters without first consulting legal aid. Not only are our Pennsylvania tractor trailer accident attorneys on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we also offer free consultations and representation for tractor trailer accident victims until we win your case and even then you will never pay out of pocket; we will only be paying you the money you deserve.
Please, call our PA truck accident lawyers now toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. Our semi truck accident lawyers have offices in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Scranton and Philadelphia and will travel to you.