Determining fault after a car accident is a crucial part of the insurance claim process. Insurance companies use various methods to investigate the accident and determine who was at fault. Here are some of the factors that insurance companies may consider when deciding fault:
- Police reports: Insurance companies often rely on the police report filed at the scene of the accident to help determine fault. The report may include important details such as the location and time of the accident, the weather conditions, and statements from the drivers and witnesses.
- Eyewitness accounts: Insurance companies may also consider the accounts of eyewitnesses who saw the accident and can provide additional details about what happened.
- Damage to the vehicles: The extent and location of damage to the vehicles involved in the accident can provide important clues as to how the accident occurred and who was at fault.
- Traffic laws: Insurance companies may consider whether either driver violated any traffic laws or rules of the road leading up to or at the time of the accident.
- Driver statements: Insurance companies may take into account the statements of the drivers involved in the accident, as well as any admissions of fault they may have made.
It’s important to note that fault determination can be complex, and insurance companies may use different methods or consider additional factors depending on the circumstances of the accident. If you are involved in a car accident, it’s important to document as much information about the accident as possible, including taking photos of the vehicles and the accident scene, and getting contact information from any witnesses. It may also be helpful to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the insurance claims process and protect your rights.
OUR PENNSYLVANIA AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS CAN HELP
Depending on the circumstances of your car accident, you or your loved one could recover compensation for all that you have endured. This area of law is very complicated; there are exceptions and technicalities that if you do not know the law can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is why it is imperative you consult with our experienced Pennsylvania car accident attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm to guide you through your claim.
Please, call our Pennsylvania accident attorneys toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Harrisburg, Scranton, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh and will travel to you.