There are several appliances in your home that can pose safety hazards if they are not used properly or if they are malfunctioning. Some of the most dangerous appliances include:
- Gas stoves and ovens: If a gas appliance is not installed or maintained properly, it can cause gas leaks and potentially lead to fires, explosions, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Clothes dryers: Lint build-up in the dryer can cause fires, so it is important to clean the lint filter after every use and have the dryer vent cleaned regularly.
- Space heaters: These can cause fires or burns if they are not used properly, so it is important to keep them away from flammable materials and to turn them off when not in use.
- Hot water heaters: If a hot water heater malfunctions, it can cause scalding water or even an explosion, so it is important to have it inspected and maintained regularly.
- Electric blankets: These can cause fires if they are frayed or have exposed wiring, so it is important to inspect them regularly and replace them if they are damaged.
- Microwave ovens: If metal is placed inside a microwave oven, it can cause a fire, so it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and never place metal inside a microwave.
- Electrical outlets and wiring: Faulty or damaged electrical outlets or wiring can cause electrical shock, fires, or explosions, so it is important to have them inspected and repaired by a qualified electrician.
It is important to use appliances safely and to have them inspected and maintained regularly to ensure that they are in good working order. If you believe that a malfunctioning appliance has caused harm to you or a loved one, it may be helpful to consult with an experienced attorney who can evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options. They can help you determine if you have a valid claim for damages and assist you in seeking compensation for any harm you may have suffered.
We have prosecuted numerous cases of this nature and can honestly pledge to you, without any equivocation, that should we accept your case, we will make completely sure that you get the justice you deserve.
For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case.
Call toll free 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Scranton and will travel to you.