If you fall at your friend or relative’s house and sustain an injury, you may be able to pursue legal action against them for your damages. The exact course of action will depend on the specific circumstances of your fall and the laws in your jurisdiction.

In general, homeowners have a legal duty to ensure that their property is reasonably safe for guests, which includes taking steps to prevent slip-and-fall accidents. If the homeowner fails to uphold this duty, they may be held liable for any injuries that result from their negligence.

If you fall and are injured at someone else’s house, the first step is to seek medical attention. You should also report the incident to the homeowner and document any evidence of the unsafe condition that caused your fall. This may include taking pictures of the area where you fell, identifying any hazards that contributed to the fall, and getting contact information from any witnesses.

If you decide to pursue legal action, you will likely need to prove that the homeowner was negligent in maintaining their property and that this negligence directly caused your injury. This may involve gathering evidence, such as testimony from witnesses or expert testimony from a medical professional.

It’s important to note that if you were injured at a friend or relative’s house, pursuing legal action can strain the relationship. In some cases, it may be possible to negotiate a settlement with the homeowner’s insurance company without going to court. An experienced personal injury attorney can help guide you through the process and advise you on your legal options.


If you or a loved one have been injured by a property owner’s negligence, we can help you pursue justice and compensation for your injuries, please call 1-800-444-5309 today for a free consultation. We have offices in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Scranton and Harrisburg and will travel to you.