It’s important to note that any breed of dog can potentially bite, and there are many factors that can influence a dog’s likelihood to bite, including their individual temperament and training, as well as the circumstances of a particular situation. However, some dog breeds are commonly associated with bites due to their history, physical traits, or other factors.
According to various studies and statistics, some of the dog breeds that have been associated with higher rates of dog biting incidents include:
- Pit Bulls: This term is used to describe a group of breeds that includes American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. They have a strong prey drive and history of dogfighting, which may contribute to their biting tendencies.
- Rottweilers: Originally bred for herding and guarding, Rottweilers are known for their protective nature and may be more likely to bite if they perceive a threat to their family or territory.
- German Shepherds: Often used as police or military dogs, German Shepherds can be highly trainable and loyal, but may also be more prone to aggressive behavior if not properly socialized and trained.
- Siberian Huskies: These dogs were originally bred for pulling sleds and may have a strong prey drive, which can sometimes lead to biting incidents.
- Alaskan Malamutes: Another breed with a history of sledding and pulling, Alaskan Malamutes can be highly independent and strong-willed, which may make them more prone to aggressive behavior.
It’s important to remember that not all dogs of these breeds will exhibit aggressive behavior, and many factors can contribute to a dog’s tendency to bite. Proper training, socialization, and responsible ownership can help prevent biting incidents and ensure that dogs of all breeds are safe and well-behaved.
CALL THE PISANCHYN LAW FIRM’S DOG BITE LAWYERS
We have prosecuted numerous cases of this nature and can honestly pledge to you, without any equivocation, that should we accept your case, we will make completely sure that you get the justice you deserve.
For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate PA Dog Bite Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case.
Call our PA dog attack lawyers toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for your free consultation. We have locations in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton and will travel to you.