Mifflin Animal Bite Attorneys | Mifflin Dog Bite Attorneys
According to the Centers for Disease Control, 885,000 people are bitten by Animals each year, and one out of every five of those require medical attention. Liability for these injuries a subsequent damages that occur after a severe animal attack falls on the pet owner. Owners are also liable for compensating victims if the Animal had been considered dangerous in the past. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a Animal bite or attack, you could receive compensation for all that you have endured.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN BITTEN BY A ANIMAL
The first steps to take after a Animal bite are
- Get the Animal owner’s contact information
- Make sure the Animal is up to date on all of their shots
- Try to determine if there is any possibility that the Animal has rabies
- Seek medical treatment
- Report the Animal bite to both the police and your local animal control agency
A Animal bite can be broken down into two categories, severe and non-severe, which determine what type of compensation can be recovered by victims.
- Severe Injury: These types of injuries result in disfigurement or broken bones. Recovery for these injuries is lengthy as they can require surgery, multiple sutures or months of physical therapy. Victims of severe injuries can receive compensation for their medical bills and other damages such as emotional trauma, lost wages, etc.
- With a non-severe injury the victim can still file a lawsuit against the animal’s owner but can only seek compensation for medical expenses.
Mifflin ANIMAL BITE LAWS
Pennsylvania follows strict liability when it comes to Animal ownership. This means that Animal owners in Mifflin are liable for any and every injury that their Animal inflicts on someone else. Exceptions to this law are only made if someone is trespassing and bitten as a result or if someone intentionally provokes a Animal, causing it to become aggressive.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DANGEROUS ANIMAL OWNERS IN Mifflin
If the Animal has had previous aggressive encounters with humans then it has likely been labeled as “dangerous,” based on the following criteria.
A Animal is considered dangerous if it has done one or more of the following:
- It has inflicted injury without provocation
- It has harmed or killed another animal without cause
- It has charged or attempted or successfully attacked a person with being provoked
- It has been used to aide in a crime.
If a Animal has been labeled as dangerous, there are several stipulations the owner must meet to keep the Animal. They must:
- Register the Animal as dangerous
- Maintain liability insurance for at least $50,000 that insures the owner for any injuries the Animal may inflict to another person or animal
- Obtain fencing or a suitable enclosure for the Animal
- Label their property as housing a dangerous animal and display a sign that informs children that a dangerous Animal lives there
- Muzzle the Animal and restrain it on a leash at all times when off the owner’s property
- Notify the Bureau of Animal Law Enforcement, the State Animal Warden, and local police departments if the Animal is gotten loose, is unconfined, has attacked an animal or another person, has been sold, or has died.
WHY ANIMALS BITE
Animals may bite for a variety of reasons. Any Animal can become agitated and aggressive and no matter their gender or size, no breed is exempt from this risk.
A Animal may bite if it:
- Is defending their territory, their belongings, or their food
- Is stressed
- Has been scared or startled
- Feels threatened
- Is sick or sore due to an injury or surgery
- Is playing, but doesn’t know their own strength and bites too hard
CALL THE PISANCHYN LAW FIRM’S Mifflin ANIMAL BITE LAWYERS
We have prosecuted numerous cases of this nature and can honestly pledge to you, without any equivocation, that should we accept your case, we will make completely sure that you get the justice you deserve.
For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate Mifflin Animal Bite Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case.
Call our Mifflin Animal attack lawyers toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for your free consultation. We have locations in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton and will travel to you.
Our Mifflin Personal Injury Attorneys care for you the person while also representing you the client.
When you or a loved one suffers an injury due to someone else’s negligence who you turn to for legal advice and representation matters. The Pisanchyn Law Firm’s Mifflin personal injury attorneys will represent you skillfully, compassionately, and most of all, aggressively.
Our lawyers, staff, and paralegals are specially trained to guide you and help you through each step of your injury case. We have the resources, including premiere doctors and other experts around the country, to not only handle your case but also give it and you the personal attention and care both deserve. Call 1-800-444-5309 or fill out this form for a free consultation now!
Praise for our Mifflin Injury Law Firm
I rate the Pisanchyn law firm five stars if I had a way to rate them 100 stars I would they were so kind so helpful and so caring in a very scary time of my life. I don’t know what I would’ve done without Mr. Pisanchyn and his staff. No matter what I needed they were there morning, noon, or night Mr.Pisanchyn was even kind enough to give me his own personal cell phone number in case I ever needed him day or night. This is the second time I’ve used his law firm and I will use him 100 more Times. I fully recommend his law firm to anyone and everyone in need of a good defense lawyer. I’ve already recommended him at least a dozen times and everyone I told to use his law firm has been more than satisfied. Some of them even called me and said thank you for recommending him. Thank you so much mike for everything you did for me and my family.
Nine years ago I was in a nasty car accident and didn’t know where to turn, with a lot of luck I ended up calling Mike to represent me. It was the best thing I ever did. He never treated me like a client, I made a friend. The friendship extended to the entire office. He did exactly what he said he would. Then 3 years ago my husband got hurt at work and we never thought twice on who to call. By this time Mike had taken on other partners in the firm. Keith, who handled the workers comp case and Lee who took care of the SSI. I don’t know what others are talking about it taking so much time or so much hastle~~~both ended up settling much sooner than we ever expected. The entire firm works together, from the attorneys to the entire staff. I really think that is part of what makes this law firm the best ever.
– DEBBIE N.
John and I want to thank you for all you have done for us. We know all of you put a lot of time and work in on our case and for that we are very thankful. You have the nicest friendliest people working there. Mara has been so nice to us. We especially want to thank Doug. We spent many hours talking with him and found him to be very personable.
The Pisanchyn Law Firm is in touch with local affairs and contacted us to say, “I heard about your situation. I AM YOUR attorney.” With aggressive, honorable, and knowledgeable representation, they have also met our pain with consolation… I will never forget the day my attorney called. Trust is the new game in the legal community, the Pisanchyn Law Firm wrote the book on accountability and Justice….CALL THEM.
Thank you so much for all you’ve done to help us through this difficult time. It’s been very much appreciated.
It is heartwarming to know that there are still good and honest people around. Thank you very much!
I cannot thank Doug enough for all of his help with my case.
They helped me tremendously when I was going through Worker’s Compensation and a Settlement. There was no way I could have gone through it myself. Everyone was patient and professional with me and believe, I’m sure that was not easy. Everything was completely settled almost 13 months ago and I’m back on my feet and working once again. I absolutely recommend Pisanchyn Law Firm to anyone that needs help with a work injury or anything work related.
I would just like to thank everyone that helped settle my Workers’ Comp case, you were all so helpful. It meant a lot to me and helped me get my life back on track.
I can’t tell you how happy I am of the results from your office. I got wonderful, professional and extremely fast service for the situations I had. I will be using your office again if need be and telling everyone I know how hard it is to get results without your help.