ProPublica, a journalism website, has released the most comprehensive of Catholic clergy credibly accused of sex abuse. The list includes many from Pennsylvania.
The searchable database — which includes hundreds of priests accused from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, as well as dioceses in Scranton, Allentown, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and more — comes on the heels of a grand jury report that revealed hundreds of “predator” priests across the state, according to Patch.com.
The following are Pennsylvania Diocese on the list:
- 76 abusers from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- 108 abusers from the Diocese of Pittsburgh
- 50 abusers from the Diocese of Allentown
- 83 abusers from the Diocese of Scranton
- 72 abusers from the Diocese of Harrisburg
- 94 abusers from the Diocese of Erie
- 21 abusers from the Diocese of Greensburg
- 35 abusers from the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown
The Pisanchyn Law Firm represents child abuse of all ages and all throughout Pennsylvania. We also pledge that we will do our very best to keep all matters private and confidential. We know that you have been through more than enough, there’s no need to share the details of this trying time with the media or anyone else. There are certain petitions that we can file to keep the identity of the abuse victim confidential and we will fight aggressively to see that this is done and that you can stop living in fear and start the healing process. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to speak to an attorney in full and complete confidentiality about child sexual abuse and a possible case please call 1-800-444-5309.