According to a recent report from the Governor’s Highway Safety Association (GHSA), bicycle accident fatalities have risen. Bicycling itself is on the rise. There are more than 42,000 bicycles on the road through bike-share programs, and more people are choosing bikes to commute than motor vehicles.
Cyclists are at a disadvantage when involved in traffic crashes because a faster moving vehicle will always overpower a cyclist, leaving devastating and even catastrophic injuries. The Pisanchyn Law Firm’s bicycle accident injury attorneys can help recover the compensation and justice deserved if you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle injury.
Bicycle Accidents By The Numbers
- In 2016, 840 cyclists sustained fatal injuries in motor vehicle accidents
- Surprisingly, bicycle fatalities occur nearly evenly during daylight hours and after dark
- Alcohol played a role in about 37% of all deadly bicycle accidents
- The average age of a bicycle accident fatality victim is 45 years old
- The average bicycle accident victim is male
- About 50% of cyclists were not wearing a helmet at the time of a fatal accident
- More than 70% of fatal bicycle accidents happened on normal roadways, not intersections, as many would believe
- Distracted driving led to almost 10% of all fatal bike accidents in 2015
Call A Pennsylvania Bicycle Injury Lawyer Now
If you were hurt in a bicycle crash, don’t try to handle your case on your own. The best thing you can do to protect yourself—and your legal rights—is to call an experienced bicycle accident attorney right away.
If you or your loved is a bicycle accident victim, you may could receive compensation for pain, suffering, lost wages, medical bills, permanent disability, and other damages. This area of law is very complicated; there are exceptions and technicalities that if you do not know the law can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is why it is imperative you contact our experienced bike accident attorneys to guide you through this difficult time.Please, call toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Philadelphia, Scranton, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg and will travel to you.