Renter Injury Attorneys

Over 111 million people are living in some type of rental property. While their lifestyles and circumstances may all differ, everyone has one goal in mind – they just want to rent a place that is safe, comfortable, and which they can call home. Unfortunately, whether you are renting an apartment, townhouse, or single-family home, problems can always arise and the potential for injury exists.

What should you do if you are severely injured while renting?

Before you even consider taking any type of legal action against your landlord, you should understand exactly what is involved in a personal injury case. Accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that your landlord is at fault simply because it happened where you are living. In order to have a personal injury case, you must be able to prove that your injury occurred as result of your landlord’s negligence.

Examples of Negligent Behavior

For your landlord to be held liable for your injury, there are several different factors that must be in place. To make a strong case that your injury was caused by your landlord’s negligence, you must prove the following:

  • It was the responsibility of your landlord to properly maintain the area where you were injured. For example, if you fall down the stairs in your townhouse because one of the steps was lose, then your landlord could be held accountable if the lease indicates that he or she was responsible for all of the maintenance inside of the unit.
  • The landlord could have taken steps to prevent the accident from occurring but failed to do so. Even if they may save a little time and money, shortcuts and quick fixes can just result in bigger problems down the road.
  • The cost to remedy the issue was affordable and not outrageously expensive.
  • The potential of a serious injury occurring was foreseeable. If the landlord knew that the problem existed and that it could injure a tenant, then there is a big problem.
  • Your severe injury is a direct result of the landlord’s negligence.

Pursuing Legal Action

If you are severely injured while living in a rental property and the incident occurred because of negligence, then you may have a case against your landlord. However, it is important to first review all of the fine print that is in your rental agreement. This will help to ensure that your landlord truly was responsible for the area that caused your injury. A thorough review of the lease that you signed will help you gain a better understanding on whether or not you can pursue legal action.

If your rental agreement indicates that responsibility falls on your landlord, then the next step is to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. Your lawyer will be able to compile all of the necessary evidence before you can file a personal injury lawsuit. In a valid personal injury case, you will have the ability to seek compensation for:

  • Current medical bills resulting from the injury
  • Anticipated future medical bills
  • Lost earnings from being unable to work
  • Permanent physical disability
  • Pain and suffering


How can a slip, trip or fall injury attorney help?

The insurance adjusters who handle slip, trip, or fall injuries know that they are difficult cases and as such will ask that you provide them with a recorded statement, which very well may hurt your chances to recover money for the damages you sustained.

We had a case where a person went into a fast food restaurant. The floor was wet and the person fell injuring her back. The insurance adjuster offered our client $1,000 and said if she did not take the money within a week she would not get anything. The client then contacted us and we discussed the case. She relayed to us that the adjuster was “so nice and seemed like she wanted to help.” We just recently settled the case for $380,000. Our client said that she now understands why the insurance adjuster was “so nice” and why she was trying to hurry our client into a quick settlement before she retained an attorney.

Our Pennsylvania Slip/Fall Lawyers Can Help You Too

Once you have injured yourself in a slip, trip, and/or fall accident you should not speak to any insurance adjusters. Remember, it is their job to pay you the least amount of money they can to settle your case. You should immediately contact the Slip, Trip, or Fall injury Attorney’s at The Pisanchyn Law Firm so we can ensure that you and your interests are served.

We have prosecuted numerous cases of this nature and can honestly pledge to you, without any equivocation, that should we accept your case, we will make completely sure that you get the justice you deserve.

For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case.

Please, call toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for your free consultation. We have offices in Scranton, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg and will travel to you.

Related Practice Areas