Bias Against Motorcyclists
Any accident, whether a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, requires experienced legal representation to ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve. However, often recovery after motorcycle accidents have additional hurdles to overcome to get injured riders the compensation he or she deserves.
The two main challenges motorcycle accident victims face are:
- Because a motorcycle affords so little protection in the event of an accident, the injuries tend to be very severe, making the amount that you need to recover much larger.
- The public tends to view motorcyclist riders as natural risk-takers. Juries sometimes are biased against motorcyclists, initially assuming that the rider was at fault.
Combating Jury Bias Against Motorcyclists
If your motorcycle accident case goes to trial, it is critical to recognize and combat any biases and stereotypes that jurors may have. Pisanchyn Law Firm’s motorcycle accident attorneys have a reputation for combating and successfully overcoming the biases motorcycle riders get from both insurance adjusters and juries.
Common Misconceptions and Bias Against Motorcyclists
- A belief that riders are thrill seekers or “dare devils.”
- The idea that motorcycle riders are reckless, always speeding, and dangerous on the roads.
- The offensive assertion that riders don’t appreciate the potential danger involved in driving a motorcycle.
The fact is, motorcycle drivers are just like other drivers, who operate their vehicles with care. The key to combating jury bias is to educate jurors by dispelling myths against riders. When done properly, this empowers the jury to judge the case fairly and accurately. Further, we are skilled trail attorneys, adept at selecting jurors who will be fair and open to elimination of any biases they may carry.
Our Pennsylvania Motorcycle Lawyers Can Help
Injuries caused by motorcycle accidents are usually much more severe than those caused by a car accident and the victim accumulates many hospital bills and long-term care costs as a result. We can help. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will get the compensation you deserve after being injured in a motorcycle accident. We offer free consultations, no win no fee representation, and 24/7 on-call assistance throughout your case.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you should be focusing on one thing – getting better. Aside from our free consultations, no win no fee representation, and 24/7 on-call assistance, our Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorneys will be on your side every step of the way and will take the worries and stress off your hands. From the moment you hire us to get your compensation we will:
- send investigators to the scene of the accident.
- have experts reconstruct the accident when needed.
- gather evidence to support your motorcycle case.
- most importantly, fight the insurance companies that don’t have your best interest in mind.
Please, call our Pennsylvania motorcycle lawyers toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Pittsburgh, Scranton and Harrisburg and will travel to you.