Helping Motorcycle Accident Victims Across Pennsylvania
An unfair bias against motorcyclists is very widely placed. The common assumption is that motorcycle riders are reckless, irresponsible, and negligent of traffic laws. Many people assume that motorcycle accidents are the fault of the cyclist because of this bias against them. This cannot be farther from the truth.
As Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorneys, we know how catastrophic a motorcycle accident can be. Speeding, alcohol or drug use, and disobeying traffic laws by either party, greatly increases the chances of a serious accident.
Many bikers take precautions to avoid accidents. However, too often the other driver’s mistakes cause serious accidents. Even when all safety measures have been made, there is no way to eliminate the risk, even for the most skilled bikers.
What’s worse is that so many bikers don’t know what to do after a motorcycle accident. Seeking motorcycle accident legal advice after an accident could be the best decision that a biker can make.
Our Attorneys Respect and Help Bikers
We have Pennsylvania accident attorneys on staff who ride motorcycles. They understand first hand how easily a motorcycle accident can happen and have seen the road through your eyes.Attorney Pisanchyn owns and rides a Harley Sportster and a Harley Softail Springer. Attorney Yazinski owns and rides a Harley Fatboy.
Our motorcycle attorneys understand that most motorcyclists are as good, if not better, drivers as all other operators of motor vehicles. We also understand that it may be hard to receive the full compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident due to the biases placed against you. We can help. We offer free consultations, no win no fee representation, and 24/7 on-call service to victims of Pennsylvania motorcycle accidents, call 1-800-444-5309 now for your free consultation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can have human factors or environmental factors as their main cause.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents with human factors are:
- Unsafe Speed
- Failure to Yield Right of Way
- Driver Inattention/Distraction
- Driver Inexperience
- Following Too Closely
- Improper Passing or Lane Usage
- Reaction of Other Uninvolved Vehicle
- Turning Improperly
- Unsafe Lane Change
- Alcohol Involved
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents with environmental factors are:
- Animal Action
- Slippery Pavement
- Obstruction/Debris in the Roadway
- Limited/Obstructed View
- Defective Pavement
There are some things you can do to avoid these common motorcycle accident causes:
- Be as visible to other drivers as possible. Keep your headlights on during the daytime, wear reflective gear, and equip your bike with a fairing or windshield.
- Get proper training. Bikers who are well trained on how to ride and care for their bikes are less likely to be involved in Motorcycle Accidents.
- Wear the right gear. Helmets for motorcyclists are like seatbelts for drivers. Wearing a helmet will reduce the risk of suffering a traumatic brain injury or death. Other safety gear includes eye protection,, gloves, appropriate footwear, leg guards and jackets.
- Ride Sober. Alcohol and other drugs affect judgment and do not mix with motorcycling.
- Obey the Law. Don’t speed; know the local traffic laws and rules of the road.
Our Pennsylvania Motorcycle Lawyers Can Help
Many times, when an accident involves a motorcycle and a normal passenger vehicle, the fault is on the driver of the normal passenger vehicle. Motorcycles go somewhat undetected and unnoticed in traffic, especially on busy roads or highways. Due to their small size they easily fit in the blind spots of most normal passenger vehicles causing other drivers to not see them and cut them off, hit them, or violate the motorcycle’s right of way. It is unfair to expect motorcyclists to overcompensate for distracted careless drivers of much bigger vehicles, especially on busy streets or highways.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you should be focusing on one thing – getting better. Aside from our free consultations, no win no fee representation, and 24/7 on-call assistance, our Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorneys will be on your side every step of the way and will take the worries and stress off your hands. From the moment you hire us to get your compensation we will:
- send investigators to the scene of the accident.
- have experts reconstruct the accident when needed.
- gather evidence to support your motorcycle case.
- most importantly, fight the insurance companies that don’t have your best interest in mind.
Please, call our Pennsylvania motorcycle lawyers toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation.