Construction Accident Attorneys
Construction Accident Injuries
The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2015 Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries lists the construction industry as having the highest work-related fatality rate in the United States. in 2015, the most recent reporting year, 937 worker deaths occurred as a result of construction work. This is roughly a 4% increase in occupational fatalities over the 899 reported for 2014.
This industry has once again been rated in the top four of the highest work-related injury prone occupations. If you’ve been injured while working in this industry, there are steps you can take to ensure you are compensated for your losses.
What to Do after a Construction Accident Injury
Remembering the following steps can help you get the benefits you deserve after a construction site injury.
- Report your injury to your employer in writing and keep a copy for your own records.
- See a doctor or go the emergency room immediately.
- Complete a claim form. If you do not complete a claim form your employer has no obligation to provide benefits.
- File the claim ASAP.
- Gather contact information from anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Collect evidence, such as photos of the accident scene and your injuries. You should also keep the tool or item that injured you, if applicable.
- Contact a Construction Accident Attorney
Common Construction Accidents
A variety of accidents can happen when working on a construction site. Some of the most common construction site accidents are:
Common Construction Accident Injuries
Construction accidents can inflict a variety of injuries and illnesses. Injuries often associated with these accidents can include:
How Can a Pennsylvania Construction Accident Attorney Help?
If you’ve been injured at a construction site, our construction accident attorneys can help.
We realize that every construction accident is unique – just like you. That’s why we take an individualized approach towards every construction accident injury case. This means we take the time to learn all about your case and uncover the facts about your accident.
Contact the construction accident attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm. Call 1-800-444-5309 and schedule a free case evaluation. We have offices in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Scranton and will travel to you.