Heart and Lung Act Benefits
The risks faced by broad classes of Pennsylvania employees are necessary for the safety of people in the community. The law recognizes the risks these people take and provides them with assistance if they are injured on the job. The Heart and Lung Act is a state law that provides benefits to law enforcement officers who suffer any job-related injury.
Facts about the Heart and Lung Act
- An eligible employee is entitled to 100 percent of their normal (no overtime) weekly salary including annual or contractual pay raises.
- An eligible employee may be required to file for Workers’ Compensation benefits first. These benefits will be reimbursed to the employer paying the Heart and Lung Act benefits with the exception of concurrent employment wages.
- An eligible employee does not have to use any sick or annual leave to cover their absence once they have sustained an injury.
- An eligible employee’s Heart and Lung benefits may not be terminated without a due process hearing.
- Heart and Lung Act benefits are considered a “property right” under the U.S. Constitution.
How a Heart and Lung Act Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in the line of duty, you deserve financial compensation and medical benefits. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve call the experienced Heart and Lung Act lawyers at The Pisanchyn Law Firm now. To learn more about your rights, schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney at The Pisanchyn Law Firm.
The Pisanchyn Law Firm does not care about the number of cases we have, but the quality of assistance and care we provide to our clients. We are dedicated to caring for you the person, while representing you the client. As a result of this we take the time to explain and educate all areas of the Worker’s Compensation system, Act 632/534 Benefits, and Heart and Lung Benefits so you know what to expect and what to do when certain situations come up. Just like your injury is 24/7, so is our assistance, guidance, and consultation.
For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case. In addition to our office locations, we make house calls. If you are injured and find it difficult to travel, we can come to you.
Please, call toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for your free consultation. We have offices in Harrisburg, Scranton and Pittsburgh and will travel to you.