Heart and Lung Act
What is the Heart and Lung Act?
The Heart and Lung Act provides for complete wage replacement (at your full salary), plus medical expenses, for broad classes of Pennsylvania employees.
Who is covered under the Heart and Lung Act?
- State Police
- Liquor Control Board Enforcement Officers
- Liquor Control Board Investigators
- Parole Agents
- Correction Employees with Principal Duties of Care, Custody and Control of Inmates
- Psychiatric Security Aides Employed by the Department of Public Welfare
- Psychiatric Security Aides Employed by the Department of Corrections
- Drug Enforcement Agents
- All Policemen (County, City, Borough, Town or Township)
- All Firemen (County, City, Borough, Town or Township)
- All Park Guards (County, City, Borough, Town or Township)
- Deputy Sheriffs
- Members of the Delaware River Port Authority Police
- Special Agents of the Office of Attorney General
Can I get Worker’s Compensation and Heart and Lung Act Benefits?
The purpose of the Heart and Lung Act is to provide a full salary, not compensation, to employees in certain dangerous occupations who have been injured on the job and who are expected to recover and return to work in the foreseeable future. These Acts, however, are not a replacement for Workers’ Compensation benefits. If an employee’s injury is found to be “permanent” rather than temporary, that employee should not continue to receive benefits under the Heart and Lung Act but should properly receive Workers’ Compensation benefits.
How Our Heart and Lung Act Attorneys Can Help
If you have been injured in the line of duty, you deserve financial compensation and medical benefits. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve call the experienced Heart and Lung Act lawyers at The Pisanchyn Law Firm now.
The Pisanchyn Law Firm does not care about the number of cases we have, but the quality of assistance and care we provide to our clients. We are dedicated to caring for you the person, while representing you the client. As a result of this we take the time to explain and educate all areas of the Worker’s Compensation system, Act 632/534 Benefits, and Heart and Lung Benefits so you know what to expect and what to do when certain situations come up. Just like your injury is 24/7, so is our assistance, guidance, and consultation.
For these reasons, when you retain the attorneys at the Pisanchyn Law Firm you know that you have a first-rate Law Firm that will fiercely pursue your rights and the money you deserve. As we have pledged, you will never pay a fee until we win your case. In addition to our office locations, we make house calls. If you are injured and find it difficult to travel, we can come to you.
Please, call toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for your free consultation.