Allergic Reaction/ Anaphylactic Shock Lawyers
Food allergies are a common problem amongst many people. Roughly 50,000 people are rushed to the emergency room ever year because of anallergic reaction. Even people who are aware of, and take steps to avoid, allergic reactions, are still the victims of an allergic reaction, or even more severe, anaphylactic shock. In some cases an allergic reaction or anaphylactic shock can be a result of negligence on behalf of a medical provider and/or a restaurant or public business. You should contact our Pennsylvania allergic reaction lawyers now for a free consultation if you or a loved one has suffered a severe allergic reaction.
Anaphylactic shock is a severe reaction to an allergen that causes the whole body to react and close airways, leading to death if not treated immediately. While allergic reactions occur by mistake, there are steps business owners, and even medical professionals should take to prevent these reactions from effecting patrons and patients.
Common causes of an allergic reaction or anaphylactic shock as a result of a public place, or as a result of health care negligence include:
- Failure to inform patient of the seriousness of their allergies
- Failing to prescribe an EpiPen (epinephrine) to patients with severe allergic reactions to common foods
- Not getting a medical history, or history of allergens prior to prescribing medication
- Mislabeled products
- Products that do not have the ingredients labeled at all
- No warning sign in a place of business letting patrons know of the possibility of cross-contact
Our Allergic Reaction Attorneys Can Help
If you or a loved one has experienced allergy injury, permanent health issues, or death after an allergic reaction, or anaphylactic shock, you should contact our Pennsylvania anaphylactic shock attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm so we and our team of medical experts can review your case.
Please, call toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation.