Burn Injury Attorneys
Over 1 million people suffer a severe burn injury each year as a result of an explosion, fire, or accident. Burn victims face extreme pain, infections, intensive therapy, disfigurement, and possibly even death. The worst kind of burn, a 3rd degree burn, requires painful skin-graft surgeries and even possible lifelong medical treatment. Our burn injury attorneys have helped numerous victims get the compensation they deserve and we can help you too. Fill out the form on the right for a free consultation now.
Many times negligent acts by another person, an employer, a landlord/property owner, a manufacturer, or even a health care provider are the cause of severe burn injuries. The most common work place injury is a severe burn. Those who work in food services, electrical work, or chemical and energy industries are most at risk for suffering a work related burn injury.
Common causes of burn injuries are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Hot Liquids
- Hoverboard Explosions
- Lithium Ion Battery Explosions
- Exposure to industrial cleaners
- Property fires
- Hair and Beauty Products
There are 3 classifications of burns according to severity
- First Degree Burns – The top layer of the skin is burned, red, and painful. Swelling is common with first degree burns. Many people suffer first degree burns doing daily activities such as cooking, or using a curling iron.
- Second Degree Burns – The top two layers of skin are burned. Blisters form shortly after contact with the object or substance that caused the burn. Victims experience extreme pain.
- Third Degree Burns – Third degree burns are the most severe burn injury. All three layers of the skin are burned and/or charred. These burns can harm more than just the skin, they can cause damage to underlying muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Severe burns such as these can also cause dehydration, shock, and in the most severe cases, organ damage and death.
Burn injuries can also happen internally. Toxic chemicals or fumes can cause blisters, burns, and scarring to the lungs, throat, and eyes if a person is exposed to dangerous chemicals.
Our Pennsylvania Burn Injury Lawyers Can Help
Due to the many different causes of severe burn injuries it’s important you consult with an attorney that is experienced in all areas of personal injury, especially workers’ compensation, accidents, product liability, premise liability, and medical malpractice. Our burn injury victim lawyers handle cases such as these on a daily basis. We want to help you gain some peace of mind after this devastating event. We will stop at nothing to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Please, call our local numbers or toll free at 1-800-444-5309 for a free consultation. We have offices in Scranton, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh and will travel to you.